Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10: A Dead End

I'm at a dead end tonight.  I'm dead tired; I worked a twelve-hour day at the office.  I'm dead determined; I will get some final exams graded tonight.  I'm dead cold; I never turn up the heat at home because it's too damn expensive.  I'm dead hungry; I feel like I could eat a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and then go out to dinner.  I'm dead panicked; I hardly have any Christmas shopping done.  I'm dead worried; I don't know how we're going to pay for presents this year and pay the bills.

That's why I'm at a dead end tonight.  I know I'm overreacting to my situation right now.  I always do. when I get this stressed out.  It's an end-of-semester thing.  Once my grades are entered, I will be able to regain a little sanity at this insane time of year.

Saint Marty is dead certain about that.

Down at the end of lonely street...

No comments:

Post a Comment