Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9: Results of Taxes and Interview, Deconstruction

Well, the tax appointment went well.  It would have went better if there was a little bit more money coming back from the government, but I'm not complaining.  We're getting a substantial enough refund to make a dent in the summer finances.

My wife's job interview (all twenty minutes of it) went well, she thinks.  She will hear about a second interview by Friday.  She said the people were friendly and the working environment relaxed.  We'll just have to wait and see.  (As my three-year-old son says, however, "Waiting is not my favorite.")

You will notice that the second part of the post title is "Deconstruction."  The deconstruction to which I'm referring has little to do with Jacques Derrida and company.  It has everything to do with deconstructing the Stations of the Cross at church.  Now that Holy Week is over, the tables and displays need to come down tonight.  Thus, for an hour or so this evening, I will be engaging in an exercise of deconstruction.  You may interpret that text in any way you see fit.  I interpret it as a lot of drudgery at the end of a long day.

Saint Marty is both the signifier and the signified tonight, folks.

Derrida isn't going to help take down those signifieds of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment