Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12: Shitty Day

The title says it all, folks.

It seems I can't make any person happy today.  I just received an angry phone call from my sister.  My daughter had a project to work on over spring break, and she never mentioned it to me until last night.  It involves collecting seven pictures of herself, from birth until her present age.  My sister is the keeper of the photographs, and she's pissed.  At me.

I had a meeting this afternoon with the person from church who's in charge of job descriptions and personnel.  It was an OK meeting.  It all boiled down to updating my job description at church, which has gone from organist to children's choir director to something else over the years.  Basically, the committee is considering reducing or eliminating my salary.  This weekend, I have to type up a list of duties I perform at church, and how many hours a week I spend performing said duties.  When the person (who is incredibly nice) asked me what I would do if my salary were eliminated, I told him, "Well, even though I'd hate to do it, I'd probably have to look for an organist job at another church.  We depend on that money to pay the bills."

Therefore, this weekend, I have to create a job description for myself that justifies my salary.

Those two particular experiences have made for a pretty shitty day.  I don't even have the energy to come up with something witty or sarcastic or ironic.  I just want to go home and go to bed and not get up until 2013.

Saint Marty is tired of all the general shittiness of today, and it isn't even Friday the 13th yet.

Can't think of anything witty here, either

No comments:

Post a Comment