Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6: Good Friday, Not-So-Good Friday

Sorry this second post is coming so late this Good Friday.  As a church musician and worship leader, I find Holy Week to be a little consuming.

I played for a Good Friday service at a Catholic church this afternoon.  This evening, I sang at an ecumenical Good Friday service one town over.  Of all the services this week, I find Good Friday worship to be the most moving and personally meaningful.  The whole focus on sacrifice and redemption inspires me beyond words.  However, Good Friday tends to leave me a little drained emotionally.

The not-so-good part of this Friday has been the money aspect.  As I've said before, finances have been quite tight for my family for quite some time.  Today, we had to make some choices about paying the mortgage and the water bill and the car insurance.  Our bank account is so tiny now that I nearly want to vomit.  I don't know how I'm going to make it through the summer without the money from teaching at the university.  (I never get classes to teach in the summer.)  On Monday, I'm going to our accountant to do our taxes.  I'm hoping for a good tax return.  Enough to ride out May, June, July, and August.

That was Saint Marty's Good and Not-So-Good Friday.  Amen.

I really don't have anything to complain about

No comments:

Post a Comment