Friday, July 4, 2014

July 3: Secrets, Being Private, Introvert

Secrets are hard to keep.  Long before Sunday came, the news spread all over the county.  Everybody knew that a sign had appeared in a spider's web on the Zuckerman place.  Everybody knew that the Zuckermans had a wondrous pig...

I am not good at keeping secrets.  I should probably be a little more introverted.  It would save me a lot of trouble.  For instance, I've spent this whole week submitting poems and poetry manuscripts to contests and publishers.  I've already blogged about it.  I'm blogging about it again.  When the rejections start coming in, I will probably blog about it again.  If I were an introvert, I wouldn't have to admit to failure.


But, that's not me.  I'm a pretty social guy.  Tomorrow, for Independence Day, I will be attending two parades and a fireworks display.  My favorite part of the day will be seeing friends and family.  And eating barbecued bratwurst.  I will probably tell people about my miserable work situation.  I will discuss the fact that two poets retired from the English Department, and I still don't have a full-time teaching job.  If I had a rash on my ass, I would probably talk about that as well.  Like I said, I'm not an introvert.

Maybe I should try to be a little more private.  Not talk about every aspect of my life.  In my blog posts, I could discuss the weather or restaurants or the fact that the asshole down the street has been setting off fireworks for three friggin' hours.

See, Saint Marty is about as secretive and private as Miley Cyrus.

I wore that outfit to work today

No comments:

Post a Comment