Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15: Harder than I Thought

Remaining positive has been more difficult than I expected.  I've been struggling to quell my natural sarcasm.  For instance, tonight, I wanted to write about how long my work day had been and how much I just want to stay in bed in the morning and how I don't have time to really write anything of substance. 

But I didn't.  I focused instead on blessings.  I'm wondering if I can train myself to be an optimist instead of a pessimist.  Of course, that would require a drastic shift in my person.  I've embraced the Dark Side for a long time.  It will take more than Yoda to change me back.  If I had been Dorothy, I probably would have left the Scarecrow in the cornfield.  If I had been Elliott, E. T. would have died.  If I had been Moses, I would have thrown water on the burning bush.

Saint Marty is a work in progress.

Someone call the Fire Department!

No comments:

Post a Comment