Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31: Disappointing News, Down on Myself, "Web" Dip

I received a disappointing e-mail this morning about a job for which I applied.  Basically, the e-mail said, "Too bad.  Good luck.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."  I didn't even get an interview.

I've been pretty down on myself all day.  It seems like I've worked almost 20 years for nothing.  I know that God has some kind of plan for my life, but, at the moment, that plan looks to include unemployment, loss of health insurance, and bouts of depression.

This post is not going to be upbeat.  I don't think I have any upbeat in me this evening.  I do have plenty of self-pity.  It's oozing from my pores.  I'm lousy with it.

My Web dip question tonight is this:

Am I going to get any good job news soon?

And Charlotte says:

...Everybody lined up at the fence and stood for a moment admiring Wilbur and the beautiful green crate...

Well, that's pretty positive.  People lining up to admire Wilbur and his crate.  Perhaps that means that, pretty soon, I'll have something of which to be proud.

Saint Marty can only hope.

So do I

No comments:

Post a Comment