Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8: A Quick Dip, Magic 8-Ball Monday, Contests

I realized just a few minutes ago that I haven't blogged once today.  I have been running non-stop since around 4 a.m., and I am beat right now.  So, I'm going to cut straight to the meat of this post:  Magic 8-Ball Monday.

I'm going to do a very quick Rye dip tonight.  The only things on my mind tonight are the writing contests I've entered this summer.  The winners of both contests are supposed to be announced some time this month.  I'm getting a little anxious.  My question for the bible of Salinger is:

Will I win at least one of these writing contests?

And the answer from the mouth of Caulfield is:

"I'm sorry, sir, but we have our--"

I wasn't really hoping for an apology.  That doesn't bode very well for my chances.

Perhaps Saint Marty should forget about writing contests.  He doesn't have a very good track record with them.

Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment