Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15: A Job, a Question, a Hope on Magic 8 Ball Monday

Yes, I'm posting really late today.  I've been running, literally and figuratively, all day.  I worked from 5 a.m. to noon.  I mailed a packet of poems to a contest and hit Walmart on the way home.  Then I went for a run in 85-degree heat.  My reward was a swimming pool and a hot tub.  After dinner, I went to a couple meetings at church.

Like I said, it was a running day, and I'm beat.

However, I do have a question for the book of Salinger:

Will I get the job I applied for at the university?

And Holden's answer is:

"Now listen," old Sally said.  "Lots of boys get more out of school than that."

I'll take that answer from Holden's date, old Sally.  I'm going to get more out of school.  That's a pretty positive response.  I have to hold on to that hope.  Something good is coming my way.

Saint Marty has to believe that.

Here's to hope...and a little luck

No comments:

Post a Comment