Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1: A Spider in the Shower

My daughter is currently jumping around, screaming about a spider in the shower.  It's 10 p.m., and I don't feel like playing Jack the Spider Killer.  She just got back from a dance team practice.  While I am ready for bed, she's wired.  I'm thinking of sending her outside to do a couple laps around the block to tire her out.  I almost told her to drop and give me twenty.

My daughter is terrified of spiders.  I have no problem with any kind of arachnid.  They don't frighten me.  Now, if there was a mouse or rat in the shower, I'd be standing on the couch, screaming like a school girl.  I don't do rodents.  Thank goodness, I've only had eight-legged invaders so far this summer.

It sounds the water is running in the shower, so my wife must have vanquished the spider for my daughter.  I need to get to bed.

I'm sorry neither of my posts today were inspired today.  I'm not feeling any kind of inspiration.  I'm feeling exhaustion.

Spider lovers out there, please don't leave Saint Marty any angry comments on this post.  His hands are not soiled by spider blood.

'nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment