Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4: Ballet and All, Short Post, Short Prayer Tuesday

"She's a dancer," I said.  "Ballet and all.  She used to practice about two hours every day, right in the middle of the hottest weather and all.  She was worried that it might make her legs lousy--all thick and all.  I used to play checkers with her all the time."

Holden is, of course, speaking about Jane Gallagher, the girl he loves, and I'm, of course, going to write about my daughter, who has a dance recital this week.

I'm sorry this post is coming so late in the day.  I've been working on another writing project, and it took up most of my hours.  It's an essay for a local writing contest, and it's due by Friday.  My goal is to have it completed and in the mail by tomorrow night.  That's my goal.  I'm not sure if I will meet that goal.

Any who, today is Prayer Tuesday, or whatever I call it.  I'm too tired to double check on its official title tonight.  Aside from that pesky essay I'm working on, my other prayer concern this week is my daughter and her dance recital, hence the reference to Jane and ballet at the top of this post,  Recital week is always crazy busy, full of anxiety and worry.  It can't be helped.  By the way, most of the anxiety and worry comes from me, not from my daughter.

Dear God,

Help me to stay calm this week.  Don't let me get stressed about my daughter's recital and dance.  Give my daughter strength and confidence this week.  Let her perform well, and let her know Your grace and love.

She really is full of Your grace when she dances.  At least, for me she is.  And I want to thank You for letting me be her father.  She is one of the greatest gifts You have ever given me.

So, please, watch over her this week.  Guide her.  Uphold her.  Let her fly this weekend on stage.

Your faithful child,

Saint Marty

P.S.  A little help with this essay would be appreciated, too, if You have the time.

I'm gonna cry this weekend.  You know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment