Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11: Another Day, Another Run

Yesterday, I went for a run when I got home.  And I got soaked in a rainstorm.  Today, I plan to go for a run when I got home, as well.  I'm hoping to fare a little better this evening.

I just received a lovely e-mail from a wonderful poet whose book I reviewed last November in Saint Marty.  Her name is Terry Godbey, and she is simply a lovely person.  Her communication was a blessing in my life this afternoon.  I always love connecting with fellow poets and writers.  It's one of the perks of being associated with a literary magazine and having a blog that writers sometimes stumble across in their spare time.

Life is good today.  I know I don't say that very often, but it's true.

Saint Marty sometimes (well, most of the time) has a pretty nice existence.  Good friends, good books, good food, good kids, good spouse.  Hallelujah.

Just count 'em up, folks (your blessings, I mean)

No comments:

Post a Comment