Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 22: Apologizing, Excuse Me, New Cartoon, New Poem Tomorrow

I stuck around for a while, apologizing and trying to get her to excuse me, but she wouldn't.  She kept telling me to go away and leave her alone.  So finally I did it.  I went inside and got my shoes and stuff, and left without her.  I shouldn't've, but I was pretty goddam fed up by that time.

Holden does things that he regrets in Catcher.  He goes on a date with a girl named Sally, and, at the end of the night, he tells her that she gives him "a royal pain in the ass."  Obviously, Sally doesn't like that too much, and Holden tries to apologize, to no avail.

I pissed somebody off a few days ago, and I've felt horrible ever since.  Yesterday, I sent the person a card of apology, with a handwritten message inside.  I don't like hurting people's feelings.  However, my natural catty side took over, and--WHAM!--instant problem.

Apologizing is not easy.  It's humbling and embarrassing and, sometimes, fruitless.  It depends on the severity of the offense.  Yet, apologizing is necessary.  It's character-building, not matter how much it sucks swamp water.

Saint Marty has sucked a lot of swamp water these last couple of days.

P.S.  New poem tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment