Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23: Day Off, New Poem, "Apology," New Cartoon

Yes, I've taken it easy today.  Went swimming with the kids.  Went for a run.  I'm currently watching the movie Wreck It Ralph with my daughter.  It's been a really nice respite from the crap of the past week.

I do have a new poem tonight.  It's about apologies and the space they inhabit in the universe.  I'm not sure how good it is, or if it's even done yet.  But I did promise you, my disciples, a new poem, even if it sucks.

And Marty is a saint of his word.

Apology

I'm
between
the silver and kiss
lips pressed against His cheek
of sand, tilapia, unleaven
under the olives and moon
between 
the whip
flesh raw as pomegranate seed
thorn, spike, spear
mud of dark cabernet
between
the limb, rope
the climb and final air
between
the leap
gravity
a field of blood
sorry.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment