Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3: Strange Day Filled With the Unexpected

It has been strange day.  When I got up this morning, I thought my day was pretty much planned out.  I knew what I was going to eat for breakfast and lunch.  I knew what work I had to get done.  I even had my evening pretty much mapped out.

Then God came knocking.  He presented me with an opportunity to do something good for someone else.  Now, sometimes, when this happens, I dig in a little bit, get stubborn.  I look at God and do my best De Niro:  "Are you talkin' to me?"  I didn't do that today.  I simply rolled up my sleeves and got to work.  The outcome was great.

Some people might not think of this as a God thing.  I do.  There are God things happening all around, all the time.  Small God things.  A shared lunch.  A sympathetic ear.  A handful of M&Ms.  It doesn't take that much really.  And, by the end of the day, there's whole fields of God things blossoming.

None of what I've just said may make any sense to you right now.

But take Saint Marty's word for it:  God things are bustin' out all over.

God doesn't accept this as an answer usually

No comments:

Post a Comment