Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18: That Hope Stuff

Now that I've written about all that hope stuff in my previous post, I can tell you that my morning really didn't start out happy and hopeful.  It started out with a conversation about the impending changes with my medical office job that will eventually entail me having to decide between working for the hospital or teaching for the university.  It was a pretty bleak conversation.

I've tried to stave off those dark thoughts all day.  I haven't been too successful.  Because, if I'm being completely practical, the choice between being full-time with the hospital versus part-time at the university is a no-brainer.  I get medical insurance through the hospital.  I get a retirement account through the hospital.  However, I don't make enough money with just my hospital paychecks to meet all my monthly expenses.  And I certainly couldn't do it with just my adjunct salary from the university.  Plus, I'd be absolutely miserable working for the hospital full-time for the rest of my life.

Thus, I'm stuck between a rock and an outhouse, and I don't see any way out of it.

Saint Marty needs a little divine intervention in the next year or so.

This is where my life is heading...today...

No comments:

Post a Comment