Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15: The Pulitzer Prize for Blogging

At 3 p.m. this afternoon, just as I'm beginning to teach my Intro to Film class, the winners of the 2013 Pulitzer Prizes are going to be announced.  That means, at 3:10 p.m., someone is going to burst into the lecture hall and shout, "You've just won the first Pulitzer Prize for Blogging!"  That someone will be followed by a throng of reporters, snapping pictures and shouting questions.

"How does it feel, being a writing pioneer?" 

"What are you going to do with the prize money?"

"Can you pose for People Magazine's Sexiest People Alive issue?"

"Do all your friends know how lucky they are?"

"How do you keep your girlish figure?"

Yes, it's going to be a hectic afternoon.  I'll need a bodyguard to get to my car.  When I get home, Oprah Winfrey will be sitting in my living room to interview me.  Then I'll get a call from President Obama and Pope Francis.

Saint Marty will eventually get to bed after midnight, listening to his furnace hum ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa.

It's a cross I'm willing to bear

No comments:

Post a Comment