Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26: Poodle Skirts and Concerts

My daughter is performing in a chorus concert tonight.  Her class is doing a medley from the musical Hairspray.  She went to school this morning wearing a poodle skirt, her hair ratted and plastered with Aqua Net.  We practiced the hairdo last night.  Neither myself nor my wife have experience with ratting, so it really was a trip into the Bermuda Triangle of hairstyling.  It looked decent last night, but my wife had to do it by herself this morning.

There was a 1 p.m. concert, which my wife attended, and there is a repeat at 7 p.m.  For this evening's performance, my daughter's hair will be styled by my sister, who is much handier with a comb, blow dryer, curling iron, and hairspray.  I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter sing.  She's been crooning her little trio part over and over and over at home.  I don't mind.  I love the music.

That is my night in a nutshell.  I get done teaching at 5:40 p.m.  I get home around 6 p.m.  My daughter needs to be at school at 6:30 p.m.  The concert begins a half hour later.

Maybe Saint Marty will have some time to each a piece of cheese and some saltines in the middle of all that.

Keep this hair away from a lit match

No comments:

Post a Comment