Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30: New Cartoon, Confesions of Saint Marty, Plugged Toilet

For most of the day, my toilet was plugged.  I spent close to an hour this morning trying to plunge it open.  I have the stigmata plunger blisters in the middle of my palms to prove it.  However, none of my efforts worked.  When you only have one toilet in the house, a clog is kind of an emergency.

I had to call in the big gun:  my brother, who's a licensed master plumber.  My brother showed up with my dad, who's also a licensed master plumber.  Within a matter of minutes, they had snaked the culprit out of my toilet--one of those little hand flossers.  It must have wedged itself just so.  It was holding up everything.

That was my major excitement for the day, which is hell of a lot better than yesterday.  I'll take a plugged toilet over paramedics in the kitchen any day.

I have a new Confessions of Saint Marty.  It's sort of inspired by the events of yesterday.  While I know what happened was serious, I have to look for the silver lining in a shitty situation.  (Or at least find a good joke.)

Saint Marty is having a good day.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment