Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25: Scariest Ghost, Lizette Woodworth Reese, "All Hallows Night"

I am a believer is ghosts.  I can't say that I have ever seen one, but I can't rule out the possibility of their possibility, just like Bigfoot or an intelligent Trump child.

Of course, the scariest ghosts are always from the past.  Looking back at the mistakes you've made, the decisions that affected your entire life, for good or bad.

Saint Marty is thankful that he's not feeling too haunted tonight.

All Hallows Night

by:  Lizette Woodworth Reese

Two things I did on Hallows Night:--
Make my house April clear;
Left open wide my door
To the ghosts of the year.

Then one came in.  Across the room,
It stood up long and fair--
The ghost that was myself--
And gave me stare for stare.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment