Saturday, October 21, 2017

October 21: Rose and Jack, Michael Waters, "Wedding Dress"

My daughter and her boyfriend are dressing as Rose and Jack from the movie Titanic for Halloween.  Not the normal Rose and Jack, like this:


No, this is my daughter.  She and her boyfriend are going to be the frozen Rose and Jack:


Yeah, she is my kid, and she's in love.

Saint Marty has a Halloween love poem for you today.

Wedding Dress

by:  Michael Waters

That Halloween I wore your wedding dress,
our children spooked & wouldn't speak for days.
I'd razored taut calves smooth, teased each blow tress,
then--lipsticked, mascaraed, & self-amazed--
shimmied like a starlet on the dance floor.
I'd never felt so sensual before--
Catholic schoolgirl & neighborhood whore.
In bed, dolled up, undone, we fantasized:
we clutched & fused, torn twins who'd been denied.
You were my shy groom.  Love, I was your bride.



No comments:

Post a Comment