Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 5: Happy Saint Marty's Day, Halloween Decorations, New Cartoon

Happy Saint Marty's Day!

I hope everyone took some time to really celebrate this day.  Ate some traditional tapioca pudding.  Drank some traditional hot chocolate spiked with Bailey's Irish Cream.  Sang some traditional carols--"We Wish You a Merry Marty's Day" or "It's the Most Martyful Time of the Year."  And, of course, opened some Saint Marty's Day presents.

I, myself, had a wonderful Saint Marty's Day, as evidenced by the pictures below:

Saint Marty and his daughter
Saint Marty and his son tasting some frosting
When I got home, my daughter and I put up our Halloween decorations.  Lights and skeletons and pumpkins and a scarecrow.  I think it's going to scare the crap out of my son when he sees it.  He kind of freaks out easily.

The only low point of the day was a discussion my wife and I had about our finances.  We're taking our daughter to the Wisconsin Dells for a dance convention next weekend.  We are, of course, robbing Peter to pay Paul.  Unfortunately, Peter doesn't have a whole lot of money.  I'm talking pennies.  It's going to be a lot of peanut butter and jelly for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Maybe Kalahari Resort napkins for souvenirs. 

Not a good way to end Saint Marty's Day.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment