Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6: Struggle Builds Character, Crock of Sh#@, "Web" Dip

A lot of people have told me that struggle builds character.  That which does not kill you makes you stronger.  When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

I am here to say that all of that is a crock of shit.

Struggle sucks.  When I'm coming down with shingles because of struggle, it sucks.  When I leave work with my shoulders and neck full of little fists of worry, it sucks.  When I look through a pile of mail and find only bills, it sucks.  None of that builds my character or makes me stronger.  It just gives me sleepless nights and weary days.  Crock of shit.

So, my questions this Web dip Monday:

Will this struggle--all of it--ever come to an end?

And the answer from the spider book:

Dr. Dorian closed his eyes again and went into deep thought.  "Henry Fussy," he mumbled.  "Hmm.  Remarkable.  Well I don't think you have anything to worry about..."

Well, Dr. Dorian, I worry all the time, and not about talking pigs or Henry Fussy.

Saint Marty needs to go take a sleeping pill now.

And it sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment