Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9: Welcome to My Mind

Tonight, I will open my mind to you.  I will simply unleash my thoughts, without editing or proofreading or stopping.  You can call this post "Saint Marty Unplugged."

Here goes...

My sister broke her wrist on Friday.  She's splinted now, waiting for the swelling to go down before she has her appointment with the hand doctor.  She doesn't know if she needs surgery or not.  To screw or not to screw, so to speak.

I'm watching American Ninja Warrior with my wife and daughter right now.  I hate this show.  My girls, however, love it.  I don't think is has anything to do with the half-naked guys getting wet and sweaty.  I think it has everything to do with the fact that they enjoy forcing me to watch it.  They know I find it incredibly tedious and frustrating.  For the last three years, we've watched this stupid show all summer only to reach the finale and find out there was no American Ninja Warrior crowned.

I am trying to remain positive about my new job.  The people I work with are friendly.  They like me and seem to appreciate my efforts.  I am not going to focus on the fact that I'm not enjoying the change.  Change is inevitable.  I know that.  I accept that.  I don't have to like it.  I don't think I will ever be a fan of change.  That would require a complete change in my personality.

I am ready to get to work on my new poem.  I'm not sure I have any idea of what I'm going to write.  However, I have to put pen to paper this evening.  Something will happen.  I'm sure.  In fact, I can almost hear the first line.  It's goes something like this, I think...

Do not go gentle into that good night...

or

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

or

We're going to need a bigger boat...

or

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

or

Saint Marty is a poet god...

Yep, that's me

No comments:

Post a Comment