Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 20: Braces and Money

So, I just found out today that my daughter needs braces.  The orthodontist didn't give us any idea about how much this mouth full of metal is going to cost.  I'm sure it isn't going to be cheap.  The good news is that it's not going to happen until the end of the summer.  The bad news is that I have to pay 25% up front before a single tooth is caged.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for my daughter's orthodontic work.  I grew up at a time when parents were just happy if their kids teeth didn't resemble walrus tusks.  Now, I have to worry about overbites and grinding and alignment and crowding and spacing.  Brushing and flossing are secondary concerns.

Don't get me wrong.  I want my daughter to have beautiful, healthy teeth.

Saint Marty will just have to take out a second mortgage on his house to pay for them.

New roof or braces?

No comments:

Post a Comment