Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7: Day Two from Grand Mountain Lodge, Finally Relaxing

Greetings from Grand Mountain Lodge once more.  I'm taking advantage of the fact that my kids are at the arcade down the hall to type this post.  They will soon be returning with their cheap, Oriental Trading Company prizes.  "Look what I won, daddy," my daughter will yell, waving a plastic snake in front of my face, "and it only took twenty dollars in tickets!"

We've had a great day.  We went to the water park.  We went out to lunch.  We rode the chair lifts up the mountain to take some pictures at the top.  My daughter and sister decided to brave the zip line adventure (I was the intrepid videographer, both feet safely on the ground.)  Above all, I relaxed. Finally.

The best news:  my car started this morning, despite my immense, unfounded worries of yesterday evening.  I don't know how that happened.  All that worry for nothing.  I even had a little bit of a nightmare last night about car problems.  Maybe, just maybe, worry doesn't really change the outcome of anything.  Maybe, just maybe, worry only causes unneeded grief and insomnia.

Hmmmmmm.  Saint Marty will have to worry about that one for a little while.

We have been to the mountain top

No comments:

Post a Comment