Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8: Go Home, Go to Bed, Good Night

"Yes.  Good night.  Go home and go to bed."

That's Sally, Holden's date from earlier in the day.  Holden's drunk dialing her now, and she's trying to get off the phone.  Earlier in the day, Holden called her a pain in the ass, so he's not Sally's favorite person in the whole world.

Well, I got home from vacation a few hours ago.  After unpacking, I went for a short run (a few miles).  It felt good to stretch my legs after a week of traveling in the car for hours on end.  I still have a few more days off from work.  I don't actually have to report back to the medical office until Tuesday morning.  So I have a few days to recuperate from the trip.

Yes, even though it was a wonderful time with my family at the resort, with the swimming and eating and zip lining, I'm a little beat.  It's going to take me a while to get over my relaxation.  Funny thing, after being away from my worries for three days, I'm trying not to immediately jump back into the craziness.  That's difficult for me to do.  Or not do.  You know what I mean.

My first step in avoiding the crazies:  I've decided to not clean the house tomorrow morning.  That's right.  I'm taking the day off.  That may not sound like such a big deal, but it is for me.

Watch out.  Saint Marty might read in bed for 15 extra minutes tonight, too.  He's feeling a little wild.

Sounds good to me

No comments:

Post a Comment