Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5: Readings in Paradise and Rudyard, Vacation Tomorrow, Magic 8-Ball Monday

We (me, my wife, and kids) got back from our little poetry trip a little over an hour ago.  It was a great excursion to the eastern Upper Peninsula, and the people I met at the readings were kind and supportive.  I even sold a couple of books.

In Rudyard, Michigan, I read with mystery novelist Steve Hamilton, novelist Sue Harrison, poet Keith Taylor, and poet/short story writer/playwright Ron Riekki.  In Paradise, it was Steve Hamilton and Keith Taylor again.  We were joined by poet Julie Brooks Barbour.  It really was an honor to read with all these accomplished writers.  They were all so gracious.  I met some old friends and made some new ones.  Keep an eye out for a couple reviews of some books I picked up on this trip.

Tomorrow morning, I head below the Mackinac Bridge for a little vacation with my family.  When I say little, I mean little.  But I'm going to enjoy every second away from the worries and cares of the last few weeks.  You'll forgive me if I only post once daily this week.  I'm trying to scale back, relax.

Which brings me to my question for Magic 8-Ball Monday:

Will my garbage get picked up tomorrow as usual?  (I'm not going for anything deep.  Remember, I'm taking it easy on myself this week.)

And the answer from Holden Caulfield is:

...All these angels start coming out of the boxes and everywhere, guys carrying crucifixes and stuff all over the place, and the whole bunch of them--thousands of them--singing "Come All Ye Faithful" like mad...

I have no idea what that quote has to do with garbage, but I know my garbage is going to get picked up tomorrow morning.  So, I guess maybe the angels are my garbage guys.  Maybe.


Saint Marty doesn't really care.  He's on vacation.

He looks like an angel to me

No comments:

Post a Comment