Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6: Greetings from Grand Mountain Lodge, Travel, Exhaustion

I'm forgoing The Catcher in the Rye this evening.  I'm tired.  Exhausted, actually.  I've been traveling all day to the Grand Mountain Lodge in Boyne City, Michigan.  As I said yesterday, I'm on a short vacation with my family.

I drove all day long, and we got to our destination around 5 p.m.  After settling into our rooms, we hit the water park attached to the resort.  My daughter and son dragged me up and down every tube slide in the park about ten times.  I had to call it quits around 8:30 p.m.  I was suffering from either dehydration or motion sickness.  I'm still recovering, and Jay Leno is about to come on the TV.

I'm trying to set my worries aside and enjoy this time with my family, on the advice of a good friend.  By the way, I have my sister to thank for this get-away.  She's footing the bill for a large portion of the expenses.  I'm very blessed to have her in my life.

I'm such a worrier that I find myself worrying about absolutely ridiculous things at the moment.  Things that haven't even happened.  For instance, I'm concerned that my car isn't going to start when we leave the resort in a couple of days.  There's something really wrong with me, I think.

Saint Marty has a hard time relaxing.  For a while, now, his religion has been Zen Worry.

My kids and a friend from the Grand Mountain Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment