Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3: Super Bowl Night, Devotions, New Cartoon

The Super Bowl is not one of my favorite things.  The only reason I know who's playing tonight is because you can't turn on the TV without hearing something about the Ravens and the 49ers.  I couldn't care less about touchdowns or goals or home runs or whatever.  I have never understood football, and I have no urge to learn at my age.  I'm sure those of you who are football fans have no urge to know about onomatopoeia or assonance.  (I may be wrong.)

My favorite thing about Super Bowl Sunday is Scoop Fritos.  Cheddar cheese dip.  This year, another favorite thing is Beyonce's half time show.  And, of course, the commericals.  That's why I'm looking forward to the football game tonight.  That and I won't have to hear anything about football for at least five or so months.

I spent the afternoon writing devotions for a Lenten devotional I'm organizing at church.  I've got my three done.  Now, I have to help my daughter write her devotions tonight.  I can hardly wait for this project to be finished.  I'm hoping I won't have to write any extra days.  I'll find out on Tuesday morning.

Saint Marty is read for the pre-game snacks.  He means show.  Pre-game show.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment