Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11: All Caught Up and Places to Go

Well, today has been fairly productive.  In short order this morning, I got my prayers/devotions read, and the minutes/agenda typed up for my church meeting tonight.  Shortly after that, I finished my first blog post of the day.  Then I wrote up my lesson plan for class this afternoon and mailed my mortgage payment.  This was all before 6:30 a.m.  I was so ahead of the game I could have gone home by 10 a.m.

Of course, the work continued to pile up, but I've been able to stay on top of things all day long.  I am currently all caught up and ready to teach.  I've got Pulp Fiction in my book bag, and I finished eating my lunch.  Despite it being Monday, I am really happy.

I have had my share of problems in the last eight or so hours, but I haven't let them dampen my spirits.  Most of the issues I've encountered are related to my university laptop, which has been giving me many headaches.  Even though I minored in computer science as an undergraduate, I often feel like an imbecile describing my computer frustrations to the student employees at the IT help desk.  I'm sure they deal with people far worse than me, but there's this whole pride thing.  I hate saying things like, "This little blue circle of death keeps spinning and spinning on the screen."  I will fiddle around with a computer for hours before I surrender and call in the Calvary.  This morning, I spent a half hour on the phone with the Calvary.  And my computer still isn't behaving itself.

Aside from that little pebble in my shoe, I'm having a great Monday.

Maybe Saint Marty should buy a lottery ticket.

I don't need somebody to tell me I'm a dumbass.  I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment