Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15: Feverish, Sick Kid, Rotten P.O.E.T.S. Day

"Feel my forehead," she said all of a sudden.

"Why?"

"Feel it.  Just feel it once."

I felt it.  I didn't feel anything, though.

"Does it feel very feverish?" she said.

Phoebe is trying to make herself have a fever, forcing Holden to touch her forehead.  She's not really sick.  She's just being a kid, thinking she has the power to raise or lower her body temperature at will.

I have a sick kid.  My son woke up this morning at 2 a.m. and puked all over the floor.  This is round number two for him with the stomach flu.  I spent the next two hours lying on the floor next to the couch, holding his head every time he threw up in a bucket.  By the time I left for work, he was at the dry heaves stage.

So this has been a pretty rotten P.O.E.T.S. Day.  I'm tired, and I still have to stop at Wal-Mart to pick up some Gatorade and diapers.  Then, when I get home, I have to clean the house.  From there, I don't know where this vomitty day is going to take me.

Saint Marty is ready to go back to bed.

It wasn't quite this fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment