Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20: Down and Dirty

Proceed with caution...

Yes, I'm using another title for this post that will probably attract Internet browsers looking for something a little more explicit than what they will find here.  I don't care.  I'm getting down and dirty.  A pageview is a pageview, even if it's by a man typing with one hand.  I need to increase the traffic to Saint Marty somehow.

It has been another day of cancellations in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  The winter storm/blizzard is still blowing, and snow is still flying.  By 5:30 a.m., almost every school in my area had shut down, including the university, for the second day in a row.  When I drove in this morning, I followed a line of county plows clearing the highway.  A trip that usually takes me about 20 minutes on a normal winter day took close to 45 minutes.  I'm getting really tired of winter.

Today is Worry Wednesday.  However, everything that I usually worry about on hump day has already been called off.  I don't even have to go to choir practice tonight at church.  It looks like it's going to be another evening of pajamas, comfort food, and Harry Potter movies.  My daughter recently finished reading Deathly Hallows, and now she's watching all of the films in order.  It's been a quite enjoyable experience.  We are currently half-way through Order of the Phoenix.

Of course, first I will have to shovel out my front porch and garage before I can get comfortable when I get home tonight.  My daughter is out and about with one of her best boy friends.  Notice I didn't type boyfriend, because the very thought of dating "T-Bone" (my nickname for him) makes my daughter pull a face that reminds me of sour lemonade.  So I will have to track her down in the snow.

Saint Marty is ready for Easter and Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment