Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14: Red Lobster and Chocolate

It has been a good Valentine's Day.  My wife came down to the medical office where I work for lunch, and she brought take-out from Red Lobster.  We didn't even have to pay for it.  A friend gave us a $25 gift certificate for Christmas, so I got my lobster pizza for free.

And, of course, I've had my share of chocolate.  My coworker bought some Valentine M&Ms, and she shared.  Pieces of pink and white, chocolate-filled love.  Oh, yeah, we also worked, but it was really all about the candy for me.  Another coworker shared her chocolate-dipped pretzels.  All I need now is a bowl of Parmesan artichoke dip, and my day will be complete.

I'm about ready to head off to class to teach.  We're finishing off Pulp Fiction and starting Singin' in the Rain.  I truly love teaching this film class.  Who else, besides critics like Roger Ebert and David Ansen, gets paid to talk about movies?  This year of teaching has been great.  Movies and more movies.  I even had an excuse to show It's a Wonderful Life to my students.  These two semesters have been like Valentines from the English Department Head.

Yes, Saint Marty is feeling very loved right now.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment