Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3: Christmas Concert, Errands, New Cartoon

Hey, y'all.  It's been another crazy day of running errands.  I just picked up my daughter's birthday cake from Wal-Mart.  When I payed at the register, the total seemed really low.  As I was walking out, I read the receipt.  The cake wasn't on it.  For a brief few moments, I actually thought about counting it good fortune and leaving.  I have no love for Wal-Mart, especially since they fired my wife and then tried to fight her unemployment claim.  However, my conscience kicked in, and I went back to the cashier and pointed out the error.

So, I'm fifteen dollars poorer than I would have been, but I don't feel like a thief.  I guess that counts for something.

Tonight at church, I'm performing with my band at a Christmas Benefit Concert for Toys for Tots and a local food pantry.  It's going to be a wonderful show, and the only charge is a new, unwrapped toy or some canned goods.  Not a bad deal.  If you're in the neighborhood of Mitchell United Methodist Church in Negaunee, Michigan, at around 7 p.m., swing by and partake in some entertainment.  Just ignore that little ol' winter storm warning.  The hard stuff won't start coming down until around midnight.  I promise.

I have a new cartoon for you today.  I think it pretty much speaks for itself.

Saint Marty's gotta run.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment