Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12: Brain Dead, Charts, Grading

I'm reaching the point of brain death.  I've been putting together charts, answering phones, filing, and scheduling surgeries all day.  In the down time, I've been grading material from my Mythology class.  My mind is reaching overload, and I haven't even touched the final exams yet.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the meeting at church tonight.  I sent the pastor an e-mail at around 5 a.m., asking if I needed to be there.  He hasn't replied.  It could be that he's been too busy to check his inbox.  These annual meetings tend to be time vampires, sucking away every good minute of the day.  I'm not quite sure what to do.

Frankly, I'm amazed that I've been able to string together coherent sentences for this post.  After reading so many student papers in the last 24 hours, I tend to start making spelling mistakes on words like "cat" and "ant." 

I have found that my morning posts, with my mind fresh and uncluttered, tend to be much wittier and more profound.  By this time of the day, I've pretty much used up every good thought I will have.  I try to make these afternoon posts fun and exciting, but I think they come out whiny and confusing.

Please forgive me for instilling boredom in your day with these words.  However, in my defense, I've read about five thousand freshmen essays on Odysseus and the Trojan War in the last day.  I deserve a little compassion.

Saint Martee kneads two take an brake.  He shure duz.

And half won't even spell my name correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment