Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 13: It's A Wonderful Disaster, Final Grading, Egg Nog

I have my final evaluation time with my Mythology class today.  I've already given them the final exam.  Today, the students just show up, pick up their papers and exams, drink egg nog, and watch It's A Wonderful Life for a little while.  I'm almost done with the grading.  The egg nog is in my car.  However, I forgot to pack my copy of Frank Capra's best film.  I'm a little frantic.  It's my tradition to watch this movie during finals week.  It puts me in the mood for the rest of the holiday season.  Now, today has gone from a wonderful life to a wonderful disaster.  I do have a friend at the university who is as much a nut about that film as I am.  In a little while, I'm going to give him a call to see if I can borrow his copy for the day.

I have a few more final grading things to do for Mythology.  I got too tired to finish grading their final exams last night.  I will complete those this morning some time.  Then, it's all over but the calculating.  Not too bad.  I'm hoping the final tallying of the results won't be too painful.  It's a tedious process, and when students watch me do it, they tend to have anxiety attacks and develop facial tics.

I don't think I've ever written about my love of egg nog.  Aside from It's A Wonderful Life, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without thick, sweet, yellow liquid to wash it down.  It's my favorite drink of all time.  Of course, it drives my blood sugar through the roof and, therefore, makes me piss like a racehorse.  But it's worth it.

Well, I'm going to give my friend from the university a call very soon.  I'm hoping he'll come through for me.

If not, Saint Marty may be watching March of the Penguins this afternoon.


Not quite the same as...

No comments:

Post a Comment