Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26: Another Book Club, Tired, Crescent Weenies

I have been pretty tired all day.  I woke up tired and took a two liter of Diet Mountain Dew into the shower with me this morning.  Between washing and shaving, I slugged back Dew and tried to wake myself up.  Thank God it was a little slower at work.  I didn't have to act friendly very much.

Tonight, my book club is coming over for our monthly meeting.  Spent last night, between snatches of the mediocre American Idol finale, making crescent weenies for the get together.  I've already written about the book, Annie's Ghosts, a couple of posts ago.  I'm almost done with it, and I'm still finding it difficult to read.  Maybe the subject is a little too close to home.  I have a wife with mental illness and a sister with Down's syndrome, so a true story about a person who's institutionalized and literally forgotten isn't sitting too well with me at the moment.  I'm interested to see how my wife, sister, and mother are going to respond. 

Oh, by the way, the total for the car repairs yesterday fell somewhere between Ouch! and Boing!  And I'm not done yet.  It still needs a little more work, which sucks.  However, the rattle has disappeared, and the gate latch will function properly in about a week.  The mechanic keeps mentioning the future need for work on the head gaskets.  Not yet.  In the future.  It's like waiting for a hidden landmine to explode.

I know I promised a new poem today.  Didn't happen.  I was too busy reading Annie's Ghosts.  You will get a poem tomorrow, I promise.  I know this post isn't very inspiring or creative.  My apologies.  I'm too tired to be very funny, thoughtful, deep, or artistic.

Saint Marty settles for mediocre today.

Embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment