Monday, January 21, 2019

January 21: Huge Yellow Somethings, Raging Sinus Infection, Almost Human

So, the world is about to end . . .

On this particular Thursday, something was moving quietly through the ionosphere many miles above the surface of the planet; several somethings in fact, several dozen huge yellow chunky slablike somethings, huge as office buildings, silent as birds.  They soared with ease, basking in electromagnetic rays from the star Sol, biding their time, grouping, preparing.

The planet beneath them was almost perfectly oblivious of their presence, which was just how they wanted it for the moment.  The huge yellow somethings went unnoticed at Goonhilly, they passed over Cape Canaveral without a blip, Woomera and Jodrell Bank looked straight through them, which was a pity because it was exactly the sort of thing they'd been looking for all these years.

So, like Cape Canaveral and Woomera and Jodrell Bank, I missed something big in the sky early this morning--the full lunar eclipse of the Super Blood Wolf Moon.  While it was going on, I was in bed, dosed with NyQuil, ibuprofen, cough medicine, and Trazodone.  Anything happening outside of my pillows and blankets meant nothing.

I saw a doctor today, and she diagnosed me with a raging sinus infection.  I am now on a strong antibiotic.  In addition, the doctor told be to take Claritin, to clear up my congestion.  I picked up my prescriptions, went home, took a Claritin, and went to bed for about an hour.

When I woke up, my head felt clearer, and I could breathe.  That's quite an improvement over the last six days.  I'm still coughing like crazy, but at least I can think.  Last night, I felt like my whole body was in a full lunar eclipse.

I like to think that I'm on the mend.  My goal is to have a voice by Friday when I head up to Calumet for the recording of a radio show.  Right now, I think that actually might happen.  I'm feeling somewhat human at the moment.

Saint Marty even noticed the sunset this evening (it wasn't a Super Blood Wolf Sunset, but it was pretty stunning).


No comments:

Post a Comment