Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 29: Simplest Things in Life, Judith Minty, "Section 23 from Spring"

Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the best.  I know that is a cliche, but it's true.

Example: 

I was sitting at my dining room table, writing a blog post this afternoon.  I heard music outside my door.  I went to the window and saw the ice cream truck parked on the corner of my street.  What did I do?  Like a little kid, I went flying through the house, searching for dollar bills.  I found three.  I ran across the street, right in front of an approaching car, and bought myself an M&M ice cream cookie sandwich.  It was heaven.

Simple things bring light to your life.

Saint Marty is just a kid at heart.  His wife would have looked at me this afternoon and said, "What, are you five years old?"

Section 23 from "Spring" in Yellow Dog Journal

by:  Judith Minty

As darkness settles,
only trillium blossoms
and the bark of birch trees
hold the light.


1 comment:

  1. St. Marty - our very own Laura Ingalls Wilder of the U.P..

    ReplyDelete