Friday, June 27, 2014

June 27: Weekend Time

I'm tired.  The week has been very long.  Thank God that I don't have any plans this weekend, aside from the normal stuff.  Breakfast at McDonald's with my sister and my son.  Cleaning my parents' house.  Playing the pipe organ at church on Saturday night.  Practicing with my praise band on Sunday morning.

It's going to be quite relaxing, and it's going to go by very fast.  Before I know it, I'm going to be picking out my clothes for work on Monday.

I never thought I'd be the kind of person who only lives on the weekend.  Up until recently, I've always enjoyed my jobs a great deal.  I felt, for the most part, fulfilled.  Don't get me wrong.  I still hoped for something better.  Hope is what fuels human beings.

But, I've joined the rank and file now.  I dread Sunday night.  I watch the time clock during the week, count down to 5 p.m. every day.  I find little joy in what I do at the present time.  That's pretty normal for most people, I think.  I don't like being normal.

Saint Marty needs a little more hope.

Don't think I haven't thought about it

No comments:

Post a Comment