Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17: Running in the Heat

After work this evening, I went for a run.  It was close to 80 degrees, and I was sweating like a hog by the time I was done.  It was...glorious.

This past winter was tough.  I wasn't able to run a whole lot, and I'm feeling the result of that long, cold hiatus now.  I'm able to run a little over a mile right now.  That's pathetic.  But I'm getting better.  I no longer want to collapse immediately when I'm done.  I can actually stumble into my house and pass out on the floor under the ceiling fan.  That's progress.

There's a race I usually run the weekend after July 4.  It's only two miles, and I haven't missed it for about ten years.  I don't intend to walk the race this summer.  Even if it kills me (which it might), I will run the entire two miles.

Tomorrow, Saint Marty will run two miles for the first time this summer.  His next post may be from the local hospital.

Saint Marty this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment