Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13: Counting My Blessings

I haven't counted my blessings recently.  In fact, for about two weeks, all I've been doing is feeling sorry for myself.  So, tonight, I'm going to list some blessings in my life.

First, I have a loving, beautiful wife.

Second, I have two great kids.

Third, I have a job that provides me health insurance.

Fourth, I have a roof over my head and food in my refrigerator.

Fifth, I have my health.

Sixth, there's a Democrat in the White House.

Seventh, I've worked with Sharon Olds.

Eighth, I'm a published poet.

Ninth, Hostess was saved from bankruptcy.

Tenth, I have a full-time teaching job at the university.

Ummmm.  OK.  So, nine out of ten isn't bad.

Saint Marty is very blessed.

This says it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment