Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 7: Exam Paper, Grading, New Cartoon

"You glanced through it, eh?" he said--very sarcastic.  "Your, eh, exam paper is over there on top of my chiffoniere.  On top of the pile.  Bring it here, please."

Old Spencer really grills Holden about his exam paper.  Holden has failed Spencer's history class, and Spencer is trying to talk some sense into Holden before he leaves Pencey Prep for good.  Of course, Spencer makes no headway with Holden at all.  Spencer's simply too old for Holden to take seriously.

I have been grading my students' final exams all day long.  I took a couple short breaks to drive my daughter's friend home after the sleepover and to go to church this evening.  After I'm done typing this post, I'm going to get back to it.  I have to be done by Tuesday.

I don't have a new poem for you guys this evening.  I haven't had any time to be creative, aside from drawing a couple of cartoons.  I've also been busy trying to trap a mouse I spied yesterday morning in my bathroom.  Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while already know about my mouse phobia.  It's a strong phobia, bordering on absolute, irrational terror.  My wife has also seen the little bastard in the living room underneath the Christmas tree.  We're not talking about a cute, cartoon Christmas mouse.  This is a diseased, black-furred pest.

Saint Marty is ready to firebomb his house to kill a rodent.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment