Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16: A Christmas Poem, A Christmas Concert, and a Magic 8-Ball

I've been struggling to write my Christmas poem this year.  I guess I haven't been in a Christmas frame of mind.  I've been in the how-am-I-going-to-pay-my-water-bill frame of mind.  Distracted.  I've been distracted this holiday season...What was I talking about?

Oh, yeah.  My Christmas poem.  I haven't been feeling very inspired.  It's been snowing like crazy the last few days, and I just got back from my daughter's Christmas choral concert.  Lots of jingle bells and dreaming of a white...Well, you get the idea.  I've been struggling since the beginning of November to write this poem.  Nothing has come to me.

I'm going to try yet again after I'm done with this blog post.  I'm praying that I'll find some inspiration.  I have to.  Time is running out.  I have never been so unprepared for Christmas in my life.  I usually pride myself at being done with most of my shopping by now.  It's kind of hard to purchase presents without money.

I'm overwhelmed at the moment, and I need to get past that.  My question this Magic 8-Ball Monday is this:

Will I get my Christmas poem written in the next few days?

And Holden's answer:

...If you want to know the truth, the guy I like best in the Bible, next to Jesus, was that lunatic and all, that lived in the tombs and kept cutting himself with stones...

I guess I am a little bit of a lunatic right now.  I'm certainly driving myself crazy over this poem.  But being a lunatic is a good thing here.  Holden likes lunatics.  Lunatics are almost as cool as Jesus in Holden's book.

Saint Marty is going to embrace his lunacy this evening.  Maybe he'll find a poem in the tombs.

I know how this tree feels...

No comments:

Post a Comment