Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December 11: Love isn't a Choice

In conjunction with my last post, I want to say a little more.

I have a lot of love in my life.  But love isn't a choice.  I didn't choose the people I love.  My wife and kids and family.  Love chose me.  That is the one thing that carries me through difficult times.  Without love, I'd have done a George Bailey a long time ago--found a bridge and taken a swim in the middle of a snowstorm.

I guess I just wanted you all to know that, even though, at the moment, I may feel like I've made some bad choices, love has saved me again and again.  It's going to save me tonight.  I'm going to bed in a few minutes.  Before I climb under the covers, I'll go into my kids' room and kiss them goodnight.  Then I'll lie down next to my wife, who accepts me even with all my faults.

Saint Marty has been graced with love, and love doesn't make mistakes.

OK, maybe love makes mistakes every once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment