Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 19: Good News or Bad News

I'm expecting either some good news tonight or some bad news this evening.

As you, my faithful disciples know, I've been in the process of applying for an organist position at church.  I won't go into the politicking and closed-door meetings that have accompanied this process.  Well, the decision has been made by the staffing committee at church.  Actually, I believe it was made on Monday evening, and I've been expecting some kind of communication all week long.

Well, I couldn't take it any longer tonight, so I e-mailed the chair of the committee.  About 40 minutes after I sent the e-mail, he called my house.  I wasn't there.  I'm currently in my office at the university, waiting for my daughter to finish up a dance lesson.  He told my wife that he would "shoot me an e-mail" instead.

The fact that it's taken this long for any kind of acknowledgement doesn't bode well.  I'm fully expecting to get a "Dear Applicant" message that tells me the church has hired somebody else.  And I'll be fine with that.  I'll be pissed, but I'll be fine.  At this point, I simply want an answer.   That way I'll be able to have a little closure.

For hire:  Saint with talent for playing pipe organ and keyboard.  Vita and references available upon request.

Always look on the bright side

No comments:

Post a Comment