Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31: Trick-or-Treating, Little Red, Fireman

Well, I'm just about to leave work to get ready for trick-or-treating tonight with my daughter and son.  She will be Little Red Riding Hood, as I've said before.  He will be a fireman.  This year, our time frame is limited.  My daughter wants to attend her dance class at 7:30 this evening, so that gives us about two and a half hours to hit all the houses we usually hit.  I'm a little skeptical that we'll be able to do it.  However, they will go out and collect as much candy for me...I mean, for themselves...as possible.

I don't know why, but I've just been blindsided by a terrible mood this afternoon.  I've been going around humming the song "I Hate People" from the musical Scrooge.  Everybody's just getting on my nerves big time.  I hope I can shake it off.  I'm going to have to be nice to the people handing out candy, smile and say "thank you" when my kids forget to be polite.  That's a parent's job on Halloween, to make up for a kid's bad manners.  At the moment, however, I'm not in a grateful place.  I'm more in a hand-me-the-Milky-Way-or-I'll-flatten-your-tires place.

I'm trying to get my work done so I can leave a little early.  My goal is to be home by around 4:30 p.m.  That should give us plenty of time to ransack the neighborhoods for candy and make it to dance class.  I'm just looking forward to the chocolate, since I haven't been buying much of it lately.  Money's been a little tight.  Well, time to get my little ghouls ready. 

Saint Marty needs him some Milky Way.

That's what I'm talking about

No comments:

Post a Comment