Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 12: Low Blood Sugar, Bad Morning

When my wife woke me up this morning, I was suffering from a very low blood sugar.  She recognized my condition immediately and got me some fruit juices and a Twinkie, but it took me a while to regain my equilibrium.  I actually fell out of bed and hit my head.  When I first tried to walk, it was as if half of my body didn't want to work.  For those of you unfamiliar with hypoglycemic reactions, they often exhibit the same symptoms of a stroke.  It took me a while to be able to stand up and walk.  Currently, I have a huge headache, from both the fall I took and the low blood sugar reaction.  I'm pushing my mind through mud, trying to string words into coherent sentences.  It's been a bad morning, and I haven't even started working yet.

My son's birthday party was small and subdued.  Not a lot of people were able to come, so that was nice.  My son was not feeling well.  He had a fever most of the evening and pretty much wanted to go to bed around 6:30 p.m.  He actually sprawled out in the middle of the living room floor and closed his eyes.  He was tired.  Of course, the Benadryl the doctor told us to give him for his cough didn't exactly perk him up, either.

Now, both my daughter and my son are on antibiotics, and my wife told me last night that her ears were hurting.  I don't think life could get any better.  Having said that, I realize I just threw down a gauntlet in front of God that I don't want Him to pick up.  Therefore, I take back my previous statement, and, instead, I give thanks to God for giving me the medicine to get my kids better.  I also give thanks for my wife helping me with my low blood sugar.

Saint Marty, just covering his ass.

No gauntlets here

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, look at me...I can comment now! Sorry to hear about your issue today; you looked like you were feeling better when I saw you. Good luck with all the illness.
    BTW, I've been dealing with intermittent low blood sugar for the past year, usually on weekend days. At least I know what it is now!

    ReplyDelete