Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13: Last Post Before the Dells, Puttin' On a Happy Face

This post will be the last before I get to the Wisconsin Dells tomorrow afternoon.  I still have class to teach, a meeting with the poetry editors of the literary magazine, and a trip to the grocery store left.  Then I have to pack, clean out the car, and not panic.  I don't think I've quite gotten to the point of being mentally prepared for the journey yet.  Too much left to do.  However, I'm looking forward to getting out of town for a few days.  I think it will be a good time, despite the stress of travelling to a place I've never been before.

In honor of my upcoming trip, I've been trying to put on a happy face, especially for my daughter, who is over-the-moon excited about the whole thing.  I'm going to try to not worry about money or school or work or house payments or car payments or...Well, you get the idea.  It's all good.  For now.

Well, wish Saint Marty good luck tomorrow.  He really doesn't want to get lost.

It may be a little twisted, but it's funny

No comments:

Post a Comment